Friday, June 5, 2020

Tic Tac Toe

Today is a friend’s birthday so I whipped up a little tic tac toe game! 
I headed over to good old Pinterest for ideas and inspiration! Got lost there for a while.  

Next up, was to check for supplies. I had some old fence posts and a scrap piece of wood. 

I cut, painted and stained 10 pieces of fence post! I opted to not put actual X or O on the playing pieces. 



A little painters tape helped me create a checkerboard pattern for the game board. A nice bright red colour for the top. I thought about staining the area under the painters tape but decided to leave it be. 



Here is the finished project:


Hope they enjoy playing it. We have been using our yard Yahtzee game a lot this spring. I’m going to have to make us a tic tac toe board too. It will be another game for me to lose to Mr. Me!! 

We found a new pool for Jager. I made the top so we can fill it up and keep him out of it. The initial use was a success!! 



While I was filling it up, he laid right down. 


This is the aftermath of the first use! Lots of splashing!! 


Happy Friday
ME

2 comments:

  1. Tic tac toe looks great. Did your friend like it? Have you thought about yard jenga yet? It's quite fun. Do you have to share Jagger's pool with him? Also, lost in Pinterest is a real problem some times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loved it! I have thought about yard jenga and then thought about all the crooked lumber we have. Might be easier to buy a set from WalMart! I do have a yard Yahtzee game. I bought it at a trade show. It’s fun to play. Jager doesn’t bother the dice! Ladder ball we’ve discovered can’t happen in our yard. Jager chases the night have to share his pool if it get really hot out!!

    ReplyDelete