Sunday, June 28, 2020

Christmas Present #1 Done

Someone posted the other day that there are only 6 months until Christmas. My first thought was “how rude”! My second thought was,  I better get at it.

I found this pattern a while ago. It is simple to follow and there is a video tutorial! 

 I decided I would make these for Raivyn, Charlie, and Frankie for Christmas. I sent the girls a text, this link:


I asked them to pick out their top two colours. Charlie asked what for so I sent them the picture of the scarf. They each sent me their choices. Frankie asked for fig, Charlie asked for wheat, and Raivyn asked for the grey. 



This pattern worked up very quickly. It only took me 3 Hallmark movies!! It is stitched in the round so there is no blunt start or stop - it is all blended in. 



I think my stitches are looser than the ones shown in the pattern. One of these days, I might try to make the practice square to make sure my tension is correct!! 

I had to try it on to see if I liked it. Please ignore my hair today! 


I am going to give this a try sometime this summer. 


There is a large box of plastic bags at school - they are collected for recycling. I figure there will be some kids that will want to learn how to crochet and this way, it won’t cost much. Just a few hooks!!



Happy Creating! 
ME



1 comment:

  1. Your scarf looks awesome! I'm laughing at your unit of measurement, hallmark movies. I've looked at making things with plarn, I think the make g of the plarn itself is the mist work, not hard just labour intensive.

    ReplyDelete