Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Quilts for Gifts

I have finished the two quilts I was asked to make for year end gifts from staffs. 

This one is for a principal who is moving schools. Each summer, she would write a Play for the next school year. She gave me all the t-shirts she collected - one for each play. She wanted the front and the back of the shirts to line up. The art work on the front of each shirt was created and designed by a student in the school. The back of the shirt has the name of the play, the actors and their roles and the director (Mrs H)! I added some nice fuzzy fleece to the sides! I do love rag quilts but I’m not a fan of making them. 

This was the original layout. 


This is one of the reasons why tag quilts are so challenging - seams out instead of in!! I did this twice 🤦🏼‍♀️😳


Here’s the finished version. If you check out my original layout, you’ll notice they aren’t the same. 


I’m very disappointed in the batting I used. I bought a giant roll again, and it is awful. It’s not soft and it is very thin. I’ve left a review and shared my disappointment. 

Here is gift number 2!!
This is a retirement gift from the staff! Both quilts are going to the same school!! 

This is how it arrived at my home - a great blue jean top!! 


I like how these corners are on an angle. 




I added a few items to the top, added a green border, some batting and a fuzzy back to finish this quilt. 




 
I didn’t do much quilting on the one, just a few squares!! 


Happy Wednesday!
Me

1 comment:

  1. They both look great. I agree about the rag quilts, they look nice but they're a pain to make. What kind of batting did you buy?

    ReplyDelete