Saturday, June 6, 2020

Quilting without a plan

Good gusty evening ladies,
   So shockingly I'm creating as I go again.  When my colleague Myrna retired a few years ago she brought me a box of jeans that she had cut up into strips.  We were going to make a quilt together but her husband developed Lewis Body Dementia and she's been taking care of him.  When we went to the storage unit the other day I saw the box with the strips and knew I needed to just make her the quilt.  I was going to do strips but somehow decided to do a giant star with strips around ? Itsomehow.  Not quite sure yet.  Here's the star medallion part.
The blocks were 9 inches before sewing them together.   I'm going to try and figure out what to do next tomorrow.
Her

3 comments:

  1. That pattern is really neat looking. Is it all different shades of jeans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all jeans. She nearly always wore the same kind so it was a bit of a challenge to get enough for the different colours. Plus, she's tiny so there wasn't a lot of material.

      Delete
  2. That looks great!! I love one block quilts!! Can’t wait to see the final project! Sewing with jeans and trying to match colours is challenging!

    ReplyDelete