Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Shawl Is Done!!

Well ladies, I actually completed a large knitting project! It took me a lot longer than I wanted it to. I guess that’s what happened when you make a bunch of mistakes. Mr Me figures I ripped it out enough that I could have made 2 of them. 



I love the border it had on it. It has a great weight to it and I love the length. I think it will stretch as I use it, which I won’t mind. 




I hope the width will grow so that it’s a little longer. This shawl will be great when my upper back gets cold. 


I’m sure you are both wondering, what am I going to make next?!?!? I am taking in another knitting project - one more shawl! This is a picture from the pattern. I love the orange strip! 



When we were down in Arizona, we went to a yarn shop called Tempe Yarn. The yarn in the shop comes from local producers and from around the world. The ones that I purchased came from Cascade Yarns. These were made from 100% pure baby alpaca wool. 



They asked me if I wanted them to wind the yarn. I didn’t take them up on the offer. I really should have. Look at the mess in the bag. I’ll keep at it. 


This pattern doesn’t go by rows. It uses width measurements instead. I’m kind of excited about that. Each row is done the same, which makes it easy. I had to keep track of what row I was on for the last pattern, which was a bit challenging.  This is how much I’ve got started so far!! 



I’m thinking I’ll have this one done by next summer!! 

Happy Saturday 
ME

P.S. I hope you guys aren’t getting blown away by this 💨!! 
54 km/h, gusting to 81 km/h here right now. 
26*C feels like 29*C
The possibility of getting a wind burn, heat stroke and a sun burn all in one day!!

2 comments:

  1. I like those colors. I saw somewhere that someone used a drill to help wind their yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl looks amazing!!! An alpaca yarn shawl will be so toasty. Your new one will definitely be easier if you don't have to count as much. We have the wind
    ,rain, thunderstorms, hail, and crazy humidity all in one day here.

    ReplyDelete