Thursday, August 3, 2023

New adventure -beading

  Hi there,

I decided to explore beading as a way of feeling more connected with my Métis ancestry. The ‘flower beadwork people’ loved to bead everything they could, their version of bling. So I watched a lot of you tube videos https://youtu.be/YAYbjY8EBbk . Then,I got some dollar store materials to try out the technique.


About the size of my hand
Feeling very over confident I headed to Fabricland for real supplies.  Let me tell you threading a teeny tiny flathead needle nearly did me in. I also didn’t have the right thread so I had to use one strand of embroidery floss. This was my first creation.

I’m now convinced I an do this so we head to the new bead store in Stoon for real thread and other supplies. This flower took 7 hours and then another hour to sew onto the backing.




This poppy also took around seven hours.
















Guess how long?
So that’s the start of this adventure. I’m finding it very zen. I have a couple more to do backings on next.
Keep up the creativity!
Her



1 comment:

  1. I love all of your creations! They look great!! It’s amazing how long things take to finish. ME

    ReplyDelete