Monday, August 21, 2023

Jam Cupboard now Quilt Cupboard

We did some furniture moving a while ago and this cute jam cupboard was sitting empty.



Not any more!! 



Now that I am on a roll finishing quilts, I need somewhere to store them all and this little cupboard happens to be the perfect place. 

I was able to add one more quilt to the finished pile today. 



I started off quilting this one with circles but soon stopped because my machine and I don’t seem to be able to free motion quilt. I ended up with broken thread or the thread bunched up underneath. So there are some circles and squiggles on this one for quilting. 

The dark lines are pencil marks. At one point I was going to do some straight line quilting and had drawn lines on the quilt. They will wash off, right?!?!? 


You can hardly see the squiggles on the quilt in that picture but I can ensure you that they are there!! 

Here’s a few pictures of the circles. 





And the back … I love that material!! 


While on on the finishing train, I might as well keep going!! 

On to the next one! 

Happy Monday
ME

2 comments:

  1. Love this. I feel like I might need to make one, maybe with Grandma Shirley blue. Her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think the jam cupboard becoming the quilt cupboard is brilliant. There’s something very satisfying about a cupboard full of quilts. Her

    ReplyDelete