Sunday, March 21, 2021

The weekend is over already!

I’ve spent the last three days doing some sewing here and there. I finished March’s block for the Quiet Play Pattern Club 2021 and sewed the first row together. 





I need a different place to take pictures. The other quilt can be distracting. 

Here’s a quilt I made a couple of years ago. It was a grad gift from a dad for his daughter. It is made out of pj pants that the kids game home for Christmas. 



Their son graduates this year and I have the privilege of making him a quilt, too. I have some of the squares from the pj pants that I used in the first quilt and have new pj pants to add into this years quilt. The difference is their daughter is 5 foot 5 ish and their son is 6 foot 5 at least. I think I’m going to re-create this quilt and add in a few extra rows with the new pj pants. This quilt will be king size in length and twin in width!! 

I love this quilt pattern, Eidos by The Modern Quilt Guild. 


I started to make the blocks but didn’t get too far. I tucked it away and haven’t pulled it out in a while. I pulled it out today! I’ve made blocks A and E. I started out making all A blocks one colour and B blocks another. Then I changed my mind and thought I’ll just make it scrappy!! Now I’m not sure I did the right thing.  What do you think? Should I have stuck with the same colour for each block or can I continue with the scrappy look?








I saw this while I was on a zoom call and thought it was cute. I think I’m going to make one like this. 



My Aunt Deb L asked me to finish this quilt that her grandma had started. With a little help from Her, we decided the layout. 


I’m going to add red or blue sashes in between the rows. I have enough red material to add a border, too. If I felt really ambitious, I could use the flowered and make a few more squares. 



I made a foot stool for outside, too, but I haven’t taken pictures of it. It’s an old wooden spool that I painted a nice bright teal colour. 

Hope you both had a great weekend.  
Happy Sunday 
Me

PS. Our new furniture arrived today. One of the chairs came without legs. We are happy with it but are a little concerned about the material. It seems to be velcro like. I think it’s from the packaging. Lots of static. Doesn’t help that our house is dry right now. 




3 comments:

  1. I like the randomness of the quilt pieces I think it will be to much of a pattern otherwise.
    Just give your new furniture a spray of static guard, that is what I had to do with my new couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on fire! I love the pajamas for a quilt, so sweet. I agree with the Crafter about the randomness. Can’t wait to see Aunty Deb’s quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete