Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Little Update

I’m so glad the weather has started to warm up. I’ve discovered the worst thing about teaching elementary school is indoor recesses. Most painful things ever. They never just happen once in a while. No, couldn’t be that easy. Bam! You won a whole two weeks of indoor recesses!! Congratulations!! 

I was very grateful for the week off. I actually started to relax by the end of the week. I did get a few things accomplished. I finished two t-shirt quilts that I was commissioned to make. 



Noreen picked out a beautiful baby blue for the back! I quilted this one a long each of the rows vertically. 




Brenda loves aqua or teal! It’s her colour. Kona Cotton colour “Splash” was what I used on the front. 



I quilted this one on the diagonal. I do like straight line quilting. 



One of my goals this year is to keep up with the Quiet Play Pattern club this year. Here are January and February squares: 



I finished them just in time. Next week, March’s pattern will be released. Speaking of Quiet Play, I am almost done an AT-AT, aka a pew pew!! 


It’s turned out pretty good. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it to finish it off. I’m thinking pillow but am not sold on it yet!! 

Happy Wednesday 
Me

Ps I can’t believe it’s only Wednesday 

2 comments:

  1. Love the color background of the second quilt. I really like all the colors in the 2 squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indoor recess is it’s own kind of hell. One year we were in for the whole month of December. I’m still traumatized by that. The T-shirt quilts are amazing. Great job on the layout. I love the teal colour! The pew pew would look great a wall hanging, maybe with a small border? Mr. Her’s Birthday is in December, just saying. Keep up the amazing creating process.

    ReplyDelete