Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Break - Day 3

It’s day 3, right?!?! I’ve already lost track of what day it is and I think I’ve watched every Hallmark Christmas movie there is!! I did manage to finish up my gnome quilt. 



I did some straight line quilting through the tree blocks and the border around the gnome. 

Not that you can tell but I did stitch in the ditch for the beard. 


Do you think I should add more quilting to the tree blocks?? More lines?? 

I found cute sheets at Walmart for the back. I actually washed them last night because I’m scared the red might run. The sheets are so stiff. I have no idea how people could ever sleep on them. They might soften with use, I hope!! If they don’t, it doesn’t really matter because they are cute! 


Tomorrow I’m suppose to be heading to Regina to take the Mini in for a oil change but Mother Nature has a different plan in mind. Regina is suppose to be getting a bunch of rain and snow overnight and into tomorrow so I’m staying home. Such an adult decision. I’m going to finish up a few projects tomorrow, wrap gifts, and .... who knows what! I’m probably just going to be lazy. 

Hope you both are doing well
Me

4 comments:

  1. The sheet find is a perfect backing. And something that can be used for other winter projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple other Christmas quilts that I can use it on the back. It is super cute!!

      Delete
  2. Comment try number two. I love Mr. Tomte. He’s very cute. I like the quilting you have, I think the only thing you could change would be to add diagonal lines on the opposite angle for a cross hatching look. You could outline the nose and eyes if you wanted. That wouldn’t show up a lot now but might make a difference when you wash it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may add more lines in the same direction and then one in the other direction.

      Delete