Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Break - Day 2

Day 2 was fairly productive. It didn’t start off as early as day 1, thank goodness. I did manage to wash the floors upstairs and finished this quilt top!! 


The gnome took me most of the day. It wasn’t hard, just time consuming.  I LOVE how it turned out. He is so cute!! 


Here is an up close look at the gnome before I put the quilt top together. Check out that mistake in the bottom right hand corner. The one I didn’t notice until I had added all the borders. I took it apart and fixed it after a long debate with myself. No one will notice - leave it. Everyone will notice - fix it! I fixed it!! 



I ran to Walmart last night to grab some spray to baste the quilt and found the cutest flannel sheets for the back. I’m going to quilt it today. If the reds match, I’m going to wrap the backing around the front for the binding. It they don’t match, I’m going to use the leftover green from the trees. 

Here’s to a great day 3
Me

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I had to look really hard to see what you thought was a mistake, I would have assumed he was in a windy forest or something so his jacket was blowing.😀. How are you going to quilt it? More importantly where will you hang it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might use it as a couch quilt or hang it on the wall outside my bedroom.

      Delete
  2. That is super cute! I wouldn't have noticed the mistake unless I was being really critical. But I know the feeling, I have taken things apart because it would bother me more than anyone else. You have been more productive than me.

    ReplyDelete