Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cor's Wedding Quilt

Hey ...

I have the top done!!! Check it out:


Oh ... you can see my knees ... ooops!! The camera really distorts the colour on this quilt. I have the back figured out too!! I am going to do strips across the back horizontally. There will be one strip of the busy horses, then an orange strip, then a navy blue strip, then a yellow strip and then the plane horses. I will fill in the rest of the back with navy blue and bind it in the blue material that you sent down. It's a busy quilt and very bright!

I have no idea how to quilt it! Any ideas???
Happy Sewing ...
ME

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! You're right, it's busy, but still very Cor. Tim will like it because it has horses on it. If we owned a long arm I would quilt something in each snowball block but.... I think it might be two or more different types of quilting needed. (Something different in the front panel- or leave the panel mostly alone ). We could meaner all around the panel and then just stitch in the ditch around the panel and borders? It looks great. It's a good thing you have some motivation going on.
    Her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should make the panel look like squares. I have the prefect variegated thread for quilting the navy/horse material. I will have to pick up some yellow thread to quilt on the yellow. It's going to be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy and colorful... Perfect for Cor!! I have been working on a quilt too this past week. Can't wait to show it off since I have never made one before. I was looking through a magazine and saw a quilt with cowboy boots on it and thought of Cor and a possibility of a wedding quilt but you obviously are way ahead of the game!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete