Sunday, February 23, 2020

Mammoth Plaid Flannel with a Blue Jean Back

As promised, this quilt is done!! 

I think flannel and plaid go well with blue jeans! I happened to have a bag of blue jeans to use for quilting! I didn’t keep any of the seams from the jeans. I find it easier for my sewing machine to not use them. I cut the legs off the jeans and cut the leg pieces using my long ruler. Then alternated the colours of the jeans to create the back. 


I’ve started to use the back as binding more often, too. I cut the back 1.5 inches bigger, folded it over and created the binding. Then double stitched around it to finish it off neatly!! 

I was on a creative roll today. I redid our entrance wall. It was too busy and messy before. Much neater and organized now!! 


There are a few nail holes to fix from the previous owner and then I’m calling it done! 

Happy sewing
ME

1 comment: