Saturday, January 16, 2021

The End Is the New Beginning

Great title, eh!!?!?  

Last January, I started this afghan when I was in Phoenix. I needed something to do while mom was packing and Mr Me was golfing. A quick trip to Walmart and I was set! 



I love the colours and the pattern but feel like I’m never going to finish it. So, I’m repurposing it. Literally, taking it apart as I make it into a new project, that I actually hope to finish. 


I have always loved granny squares. I love the idea of a scrappy granny square afghan. You know the ones with every colour of the rainbow in them. Maybe even different sizes of squares and thickness of yarn. 

This all started when this showed up in my Pinterest feed: 


It is a method that won’t add bulk to the seam!! I would share the link but it is a video and I’ll end up down a rabbit hole following other posts. 

I found a granny square pattern that was easy to follow: 


I’ve discovered that I like reading patterns that are written like this


Who knew?!?! I find them easier to understand than written instructions. 

Here’s what I’ve made so far











I struggle to change colours. I think that will come with practice. I will have a while to think about this, what colour do I use to stitch them together?!?!? I’m off to make a few more squares and then to finish up a t-shirt quilt! 

Happy Saturday
Me





2 comments:

  1. Repurposing is a good plan. I’m sure I have some partial afghans somewhere that I should do that with. I like granny squares also but i’ve Never joined them in a way I like. I’ll have to check out the video. I’d probably join with a grey to hide any mistakes I make. Although that bright orange might be fun. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repurposing is always good. Could you use a complimentary color to join them together.

    ReplyDelete