Sunday, January 10, 2021

Not Very Productive Weekend

Hello ladies, 

I had grand plans for this weekend but lost stream by about 4:30 Friday afternoon. I did start to make the Quiet Play 2021 Quilt Along this weekend. I didn’t make a square, instead a border. I just couldn’t focus. It was a challenge to get my mind wrapped around sewing the dark colour for the background. Those are white on the pattern pages for the paper piecing. Once I got my mind wrapped around that, I was able to see away. 



My plan is to make the 2020 and 2021 at the same time. I’m going to make the background on both of them dark. I’m using Grunge dark grey for the 2021 quilt. Haven’t decided what I’m using for the 2020 quilt. Most likely will end up using Grunge dark grey or the white that I used for the 2019 version. 

I keep seeing these puff quilts everywhere. They seem to be calling my name. Took some time to look into how to make one and have discovered, they aren’t too hard. I may have to add one to my todo list!! Here’s the tutorial I watched:  https://www.loandbeholdstitchery.com/blogs/lo-and-behold/ombre-puff-quilt-free-video-tutorial


Happy Sunday
Me

1 comment:

  1. I can’t wait to see how your crazy paper piecing turns out. I would get the colors mixed up all the time.😂. The puff quilts look interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete