Monday, November 30, 2020

Weekend Production

Hello ladies, 

I love three day weekends. Love them! Love them!! That extra day makes such a difference. One day to be yourself and do whatever you choose without guilt.  Don’t want to clean, don’t! Don’t want to do laundry, don’t want to do homework, don’t want to wash the floors - don’t!! You have an extra day! Just enjoy it. That’s what I did. 

Let me tell you about the Small Town Tour! TB and CS picked me up at Alameda corner on Saturday. We headed north to Carlyle. Checked out Michael’s Coffee Shop - had a London Fog and a cinnamon bun- yum!! Then checked out Kings, Fireside furniture store, the Bargan centre, and Home Hardware - best little home decor section ever! Then headed further north to Wawota to check out Front Porch Interiors. It’s a beautiful furniture store. Next up, we went east to Fairlight to check out the Tea House (great food and home decor). A little farther east to Maryfield to check out a cute little shop called Dusty Road Boutique. Then we raced south to Redvers to check out the cute little store there and had supper at the Optimist (in the old newspaper building). Them back to Carnduff and back to Alameda corner to drop me off. It was such an awesome day. 

Sunday was my productive day. I put up my Christmas decorations, which included making a Christmas 🎄!! This is the middle of the door. 




That’s what I thought I would use until I saw the sides put together. I grabbed a 2x4 to make the trunk and I had bought the other pieces for this project earlier in the month. 


I think it turned out great. 


Every Christmas 🎄 needs lights, so I added some! 


I think it looks great. I’m going to add the middle door tree to this little collection. I need to figure out another trunk and stand for it. 

I’m practicing making 5 point stars out of barn boards. The biggest problem is none of the boards are flat. They all have a slight curve. This one turned out pretty good. 



One problem working with this wood is it cracks and falls apart. It’s really not that big of a problem. I just glue it back together. 

I haven’t done much sewing these days. I made all the pieces for row 1 of the quilt I’m making for our master bedroom. All those 1/2 square triangles make my brain hurt. Slow and steady is how that quilt will be made. Can’t be distracted while making this quilt. 

Back to the grind tomorrow, 

Happy Monday
ME

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I love the tree, especially with the lights. The star looks great as well. My dad made a rule about saws and me after a disastrous year being my 4-H woodworking leader. It’s basically Her has no business being near cutting things. He wasn’t wrong.😂

    ReplyDelete