Saturday, August 22, 2020

1 of 8

Well ladies, 

I’ve complete one of 8 panels or units needed for the Vintage Lace quilt I’m making. 



The two rows on the right have been put together twice!! I sewed the top row on upside down the first time I sewed them together. Two lovely ladies on Instagram gave me the heads up about it!! Thank goodness they did!! 

One section contains 40 HST!! So, one section done means only 280 HST left to go!! 

I think I’m going to do this factory style from here on out. Make 7 of row 1, then 7 of row 2, then 7 or row 3, and so on until I have them all done. Then I can iron each row the same way. Less thinking - maybe!! 

I could pass up these panels when they showed up on the Tiny Stitch Quilt Shops Instagram feed. 





Now I need to figure out what to do with them. I was thinking pillows. 11 pillows - that’s not too many?!?!? I can’t remember how many other holiday pillows I have already. They would look great with some bright greens, reds or blue borders and backs! 

Just another project to add to the to-do list. I figure each of these are going to be a quick project to do from now to Christmas!! 

Happy Saturday!! 
ME

2 comments:

  1. Section one looks great! You are so lucky that some smart ladies noticed the upside down section because I sure wouldn’t be able to notice. I like the factory idea, I would have to label the parts to keep some sort of order. Like the winter panels, can’t wait to see what you do with them. Keep making HST’s.😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt so far. The factory idea works for my brain. The winter panels, could you make any of them into wall panels?

    ReplyDelete