Monday, July 24, 2023

Never Enough Time

Here we go again … (I sang that - just so you know)!!
I have so much I want to make. SO MUCH!! I have a pile of quilt tops that are made. Just sitting on the shelf, wanting to become finished quilts. Some to sit on my shelf and others to be given away. They are all waiting, just sitting on the shelf, getting wrinkled and permanently creased. You know what is not happening to them… that’s right - they are not being finished. It is obvious - I am a starter, not a finisher!!  I am sitting here thinking I should start another quilt but I have at least 5 to finish for other people. 
1. T-shirt quilt - I’m embarrassed to type this - These t-shirts were delivered during covid. The top has been done since then except for 3 - six to 10 inch strips of the borders. Why couldn’t I finish it??  Well, let me tell you why. During covid, no one was working, no one was making more of this material and no one seemed to have it in stock. About 6 months ago, I was able to get my hands on enough to finish the top and now I’m searching for something to put on the back! The kid is going to turn 30 before she gets it!

2 and 3.Baby quilts - this is almost more embarrassing than the last one. Before covid hit the world, a friend of Mr. Her’s had a baby girl. She is so cute however, there were some major health issues overseas - this is where her dad was playing hockey. The family was quiet, gathered around one another for support and prayed that they could get back to Canada (and they did). Life carried on - hunting seasons came and went - and they had another baby (a little boy). I am making them quilts. I have the little girl’s quilt top done and 2 rows of the little boy’s. Lots of 1/2 square triangles. That’s the issue, right?? The good news is I have the backs already!!!

4. Christmas T-shirt quilt - I’ve made 2 or maybe 3 t-shirt quilts for a friend of mine already and now she wants me to make a quilt out of all there little boy’s Christmas t-shirts and clothes. I haven’t looked in the bag yet. I think she gave it to me in January of this year. 

5. A t-shirt quilt for a grade 12 grad. Mom wanted a quilt made but he wanted to wear is grad shirt for the summer. So, I have a Rubbermaid tub of shirts to make into a quilt but am missing a shirt. 

However, I’ve had this set of 20 fat quarters that I want to make something with and I have just the pattern!!

I am overly attracted to the caramel colour these days. This is caramel with black but I love caramel, cream and navy!


I want to make this pattern: 


Off I go to sew!! 
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment