Sunday, July 2, 2023

3-4 S project

  Good morning ladies,

Happy summer break! While I may have been a slacker in the blogging department I have actually been busy in the quilt department.  You may have seen this already but I want to share a quilt my students and I did for Mayor Ames as he was battling cancer.  I made the quilt and then my students hand quilted it.  I haven’t hand quilted in a very long time so I hope I did everything right.  It was a pretty long process because eight and nine year olds are not very speedy, think about 45-60 seconds a stitch. When it was done I quarantined it for a coup,e of weeks. Ames came to visit n the last day and we surprised him with it.  For his facebook post it seems like he understood the intent of the quilt. Her





No comments:

Post a Comment