Wednesday, April 7, 2021

More Paper Piecing

Nothing makes me happier than when a paper pieced pattern lines up perfectly, just like it’s suppose to. The other day, I finished all the squares for the EDIOS quilt too. 

These are the last few squares I needed to make. 




After a quick discussion with Her, here is my layout. I am proud to say I randomly placed all the squares and only had to move two. 



Next up, add the 1.5 inch dashing in between each square. That will take me a bit to get done. It will be something I can work on during the evenings after school. It will be mindless sewing. 

You may be wondering what else I might be working on. I’ve decided to make a bulldog pillow for our SCC to raffle off or for them to give away. I bought a pattern and am trying to figure out the colours. It’s harder than I thought it was going to be. 

This is the pattern. 


Here’s the paper to follow. 


Here’s my way to figure out the colours




Here’s what I’ve got done so far


I can kind of see it but I’m not sure. I think I’m going to have to change the white piece in the bottom left hand corner. It was piece number 2 of 12. I’m going to sew over top instead of ripping it all apart. Or maybe I’ll take it all apart.

Who know this was going to be such a challenge. 
Wish my luck! 
ME

PS. The new squares for the 2021 Quiet Play quilt along came out today. 





2 comments:

  1. You have been super busy! I think my favourite diamond is the one with the little diamonds inside it. I love the randomness and can’t wait to see how the quilting adds to it. That bulldog looks intense and super complicated but I know you’ll make it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the quilt. I am glad you went with the random aspect.

    ReplyDelete