Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Finish of 2014

Hey there,
  So I actually finished something to post about.  The top was done this summer but I finished it up this weekend.  I had made the top and then folded it up and left it.  When we got back after Christmas one of our EA's announced she was getting married.  The interesting part was that she is a mom of college/high school boys who had recently gotten divorced.  Somehow she reconnected with her high school sweetheart 30 years later, they started dating, got engaged in December and are getting married in two weeks.  She's a great lady and I thought of course that they needed a quilt and hey, I happen to have a top that I didn't know who it belonged to until I heard her news.  So I made a back (grey and orange-cause he has a Harley), quilted it in wavy lines, free motioned their names into the border and found some material in the stash to bind it.  I hope they like it.  So here it is, High School Sweethearts.

The back and some of the quilting.

What's been happening in your creative craft space?
Her

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I like how you added the Harley colours to the back!

    ReplyDelete