Saturday, August 22, 2026

Quilt Cave Summer Addition

There’s something about the quilt cave in the summer!! This summer’s productivity included quilting 2 quilts, some yard work, and a side of crocheting!!

Quilt #1: 2021 Quiet Play Quilt Along
I started this on in 2021. Finished the last blocks last year or maybe the year before. Sewed the top together and left it in NB for a while. It was well traveled before it was actually finished. I am happy with how it turned out. Not all the colour wheels start and end in the same place - the challenge of working from the back when paper-piecing. Some blocks were more challenging than others. 




Quilt #2: A Trip Around the World
I loved this quilt the first time I saw it on Joz Makes Quilts!! It was the colours, the simplicity of the pattern, and the simple hand quilting. Love it all. It took me a while to order the kit from Scribbly Gum Quilt Co. Then it took even longer for it to come from Australia!! 




This is how Joz Makes Quilts finished her quilt: 



I am going to add the stitching to mine but until then, I quilted it by stitching in the ditch.


Crocheting
I am making Chelsea a set of F-U dish clothes. I have a few done but have run out of yarn at the moment.

Fuck


WTF

F-Bomb

FFS

The Finger





I tried this pattern but it is too difficult to see the word. It isn’t as obvious as the others are.


That’s all until the next Quilt Cave visit!!
Happy Saturday!
ME







No comments:

Post a Comment