Sunday, February 7, 2021

Unsuccessful becomes successful

 The first attempt at the fabric bowl did not work because the instructions weren't great.  My aunt went back to the lady and found out there was video to watch on her website.  This video filled in all the vagueness in the printed instructions.



They definitely worked better this time.  I was able to make two bowls because I didn't make them that big or exceptionally thick.

They are a neat idea, just not sure what purpose I will use them for.

It is not something I will tackle again, but if I ever did I have learnt a few things.

1.Make sure your fabric is cut into small pieces

2.Make sure your fabric is not too thick

3. Make sure to thin out the medium enough, but not too much or it becomes slippery.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I would use one for a candy dish or a spare change bowl. What kind of medium did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy bowl is a great idea. You could use them as a Bobby-pin collection bowl placed in random spots around the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the size of a soup bowl, the picture makes them look smaller

      Delete